Visit the forum if you have a language query!
From the verb to tramp.
- (pejorative) A homeless person.
- (pejorative) A disreputable woman.
- "I can't believe you'd let yourself be seen with that tramp."
- "Claudia is such a tramp; making out with all those men when she has a boyfriend."
- Any ship which does not have a fixed schedule or published ports of call.
- Short for trampoline, especially very small ones.
- (homeless person): bum, hobo, vagabond
- (disreputable woman): see WikiSaurus:promiscuous woman
- (disreputable woman): see Wikipedia:tramp steamer
Third person singular
- To walk with heavy footsteps.
- To walk for a long time (usually through difficult terrain).
- We tramped through the woods for hours before we found the main path again.
Elsewhere on the web