Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There are chapters in every life which are seldom read and certainly not aloud.Carol Shields
- The act of transmitting, e.g. data or electric power.
- The fact of being transmitted.
- Something that is transmitted, such as a message, picture or a disease; the sending of such a thing.
- (biology) The passage of a nerve impulse across synapses.
- (automotive) An assembly of gears through which power is transmitted from the engine to the driveshaft in a motor car / automobile; a gearbox.
act of transmitting
fact of being transmitted
passage of a nerve impulse
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
transmission f. (plural transmissions)
Elsewhere on the web