Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.James Branch Cabell
See also transmît
Third person singular
- (transitive) To send or convey something from one person, place or thing to another.
- (transitive) To spread or pass on something such as a disease or a signal.
- (transitive) To impart, convey or hand down something by inheritance or heredity.
- (transitive) To communicate news or information.
- (transitive) To convey energy or force through a mechanism.
- (intransitive) To send out a signal (as opposed to receive).
To send or convey from someone, some place or sth to another
To impart, convey or hand down sth by inheritance or heredity
To communicate news or information
To convey energy or force through a mechanism
To send out a signal (as opposed to receive)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web