Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Adjectivetreble (not comparable)
- Threefold, triple.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Having two beats in a bar.
- (music) Pertaining to the highest singing voice or part in harmonized music; soprano.
- High in pitch; shrill.
- (music) The highest singing voice (especially as for a boy) or part in musical composition.
- (music) A person or instrument having a treble voice or pitch; a boy soprano.
- Any high-pitched or shrill voice or sound.
- A threefold quantity or number; something having three parts or having been tripled.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any of the narrow areas enclosed by the two central circles on a dartboard, worth three times the usual value of the segment.
- (sports) Three victories, awards etc.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To multiply by three; to make into three parts, layers, or thrice the amount.
- (intransitive) To make a shrill or high-pitched noise.
- (intransitive) To become multiplied by three or increased threefold.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web
Onelook IATE IATE IATE IATE ProZ Dict.cc Wordnik IATE Linguee IATE