Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.Source Unknown
- An English dessert made from a mixture of thick custard, fruit, sponge cake, jelly and whipped cream.
- An insignificant amount.
- A detail or thing of little importance or worth.
- A particular kind of pewter.
- (uncountable) utensils made from this particular kind of pewter.
- See a trifle
- (insignificant amount): iota, jot, scrap, whit
- (thing of little importance or worth): bagatelle, minor detail
thing of little importance or worth
kind of pewter
utensils made from this kind of pewter
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To deal with something as if it were of little importance or worth.
- (intransitive) To act, speak, or otherwise behave with jest.
- (intransitive) To inconsequentially toy with something.
- (transitive) To squander or waste.
To deal with something as if it were of little importance or worth
To act, speak, or otherwise behave with jest
To squander or waste
Elsewhere on the web