Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -ɪpəl
Adjectivetriple (not comparable)
- Made up of three related elements, often matching
- The triple markings on this vase are quite unique.
- Three times the quantity
- Give me a triple serving of mashed potatoes.
- Designed for three users
- a triple room
- Folded in three; composed of three layers
- Having three aspects; very ambiguous.
- a triple meaning
- (music) Of time, three times as very fast.
- (informal) A drink with three portions of alcohol.
- I've had a hard day, make that a triple.
- (US) A hamburger with three patties.
- I'd like a triple with cheese.
- (baseball) A three-base hit
- The shortstop hit a triple to lead off the ninth.
- (curling) A takeout shot in which three stones are removed from play.
- (mathematics) A sequence of three elements; 3-tuple.
Third person singular
- To multiply by three
- The company tripled their earnings per share over last quarter.
- (baseball) To get a three-base hit
- The batter tripled into the gap.
triple m. (plural triples)
- Feminine plural form of triplo
triple m. and f. (plural triples)
Elsewhere on the web