Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Be aware that young people have to be able to make their own mistakes and that times change.Gina Shapira
- A bunch of feathers, grass or hair, etc., held together at the base.
- A cluster of threads drawn tightly through upholstery, a mattress or a quilt, etc., to secure and strengthen the padding.
- A small clump of trees or bushes.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A gold tassel on the cap worn by titled undergraduates at English universities.
- A person entitled to wear such a tassel.
cluster of threads
person wearing the tassel
Third person singular
- (transitive) To provide or decorate with a tuft or tufts.
- (transitive) To form into tufts.
- (transitive) To secure and strengthen (a mattress, quilt, etc.) with tufts.
- (intransitive) To be formed into tufts.
provide with tufts
secure with tufts
be formed into tufts
Elsewhere on the web