Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea is never given to you without you being given the power to make it reality. You must, nevertheless, suffer for it.Richard Bach
- Rhymes: -iːk
- A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch.
- a tweak of the nose.
- Trouble; distress; tweag.
- A slight adjustment or modification.
- He is running so many tweaks it is hard to remember how it looked originally.
- (slang) A prostitute.
a sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch; as, a tweak of the nose
trouble; distress; tweag
a slight adjustment or modification
Third person singular
- (transitive) To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
- to tweak the nose.
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To adjust slightly; to fine tune.
- If we tweak the colors towards blue, it will look more natural.
- (transitive) To twit or tease.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To abuse methamphetamines, especially crystal meth.
- (drug abuser): tweaker (US)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
Elsewhere on the web