Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Make your life a happy one. That is where success is possible to every man.Robert Powell
- twynne (obsolete)
- Either of two people (or, less commonly, animals) who shared the same uterus at the same time; one who was born at the same birth as a sibling.
- Either of two similar or closely related objects, entities etc.
- A room in a hotel, guesthouse, etc. with two beds; a twin room
either of two people who shared the same uterus, or of two similar or closely related objects
Adjectivetwin (not comparable)
- Forming a pair of twins.
- the twin boys
- Forming a matched pair.
- twin socks
forming a pair of twins
Third person singular
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To separate, divide.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To split, part; to go away, depart.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To join, unite; to form links between (now especially of two places in different countries).
- Placetown in England is twinned with Machinville in France.
- (intransitive) To give birth to twins.
Elsewhere on the web