Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- a force producing a twist.
- anything twisted, or the act of twisting; the degree of stress or strain when twisted.
- a type of thread or cotton traditionally used for buttonholes.
- a sliver of lemon peel added to a cocktail, etc.
- a sudden bend (or short series of bends) in a road, path, etc.
- a distortion to the meaning of a word or passage.
- an unexpected turn in a story, tale, etc.
- a type of dance characterised by rotating one’s hips.
- a rotation of the body when diving.
- a sprain, especially to the ankle.
- Croatian: tvist hr(hr) m. (8)
- German: Zwirn m. (2), Biegung f. (4), Wendung f. (5), Twist m. (7)
- Sindhi: وَراڪو (waraako)
- Telugu: మెలికె (melike)
Third person singular
- to turn the ends of something, usually thread, rope etc., in opposite directions, often using force
- to join together by twining one part around another
- to turn a knob etc.
- to distort or change the truth or meaning of words when repeating
- to form a twist (in any of the above meanings)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web