Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Feeling of anger or annoyance caused by something offensive.
- Feeling of doubt.
- (obsolete) shadow, shade
- Leaves that provide shade, as the foliage of trees
- 1602 : William Shakespeare, Hamlet, act V scene 1
- [...] but in the verity of extolment
- I take him to be a soul of great article and his infusion
- of such dearth and rareness as, to make true diction of
- him, his semblable in his mirror, and who else would
- trace him, his umbrage, nothing more.
- (feeling of anger or annoyance): annoyance, displeasure, odium, offense, resentment
- (feeling of doubt): suspicion
- Icelandic: þykkja f., gremja f., skapraun f., skuggi m. (3), forsæla f. (3), laufskrúð n., laufskrúð sem veitir forsælu n.
Third person singular
Elsewhere on the web