Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly.Louis Ginsberg
- (UK) IPA: /ʌmˈbɹɛlə(ɹ)/ SAMPA: /Vm"brEl@(r)/
- Rhymes: -ɛlə(r)
- (US) IPA: /ʌmˈbɹɛlə/ SAMPA: /Vm"brEl@/
- Cloth-covered frame used for protection against rain or sun.
- Generally, anything that provides protection. (The fighters provide a defensive air umbrella over the battle group.)
- Something that covers a wide range of concepts, ideas, purposes, etc. (The test facility was established under the umbrella of the company's quality program.)
- The main body of a jellyfish, excluding the tentacles.
cloth-covered frame used for protection against rain or sun
anything that provides protection
something that covers a wide range of concepts, ideas, etc.
the main body of a jellyfish, excluding the tentacles
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web