Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- (transitive) To write (something) below something else.
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To subscribe (a document, policy etc.) with one's name.
- (transitive) To sign; to put one's name to.
- (transitive) Specifically, to assume financial responsibility for something, and guarantee it against failure.
- (intransitive) To act as an underwriter.
- (transitive) To support, lend support to, guarantee the basis of.
Elsewhere on the web