Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
When one subtracts from life infancy (which is vegetation), sleep, eating and swilling, buttoning and unbuttoning—how much remains of downright existence? The summer of a dormouse.Lord Byron
Adjectiveunivalve (not comparable)
- having one valve, typically used to refer to mollusks.
- consisting of a single valve or piece, used to refer to a shell.
- A univalve mollusk or its shell.
- “univalve” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “univalve” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “univalve” in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
Elsewhere on the web