Visit the forum if you have a language query!
up in the air
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness and virtue rest upon each other; the best are not only the happiest, but the happiest are usually the best.Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- literal: up in or into the sky or air.
- He threw the ball high up in the air.
- (idiomatic) Not yet resolved, finished, answered, decided or certain.
- I think I can do it quickly, but the exact schedule is still up in the air.
- Hungarian: lóg a levegőben (2)
Elsewhere on the web