Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier that other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.Charles De Montesquieu
- Spain (formal) you (plural); plural form of usted.
- Latin America you (plural)
Functionally, usted and ustedes are second person pronouns, but grammatically, the verbs they govern are conjugated in the third person. See Appendix:Spanish pronouns for details.
- masculine: él, ellos, lo, le, los, les
- feminine: ella, ellas, la, le, las, les
- neuter: lo, los, ello, ellos, le, les
- este, esta, esto, estos, estas
- ese, esa, eso, esos, esas
- aquel, aquella, aquello, aquellos, aquellas
Elsewhere on the web