Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.Guillaume Apollinaire
Adjectiveutter (not comparable)
Third person singular
- (transitive) To say
- Don't you utter another word!
- (transitive) To use the voice
- Sally uttered a sigh of relief.
- (transitive) To make speech sounds which may or may not have an actual language involved
- Sally is uttering some fairly strange things in her illness.
- (transitive) To make (a noise)
- Sally's car uttered a hideous shriek when she applied the brakes.
- (transitive) To put counterfeit money etc. into circulation
use the voice
make speech sounds
make a noise
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
|Inflection for utter||Singular||Plural|
Elsewhere on the web