Visit the forum if you have a language query!
(1350-1400) Middle English (adj.), from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] vegetabilis ("able to live and grow"), derived from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] vegetare ("to enliven")
- Any plant.
- A plant raised for some edible part of it, such as the leaves, roots, fruit or flowers, but excluding any plant considered to be a fruit in the culinary sense.
- The edible part of such a plant.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A person whose body or brain has been damaged so that they cannot interact with the surrounding environment.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Of or relating to plants.
- Of or relating to vegetables.
Elsewhere on the web