Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
All fair in love and war.Francis Edward Smedley
- to do or to become what the stem (following this prefix) refers to
- used to indicate that the action (referred to by the stem) has a negative connotation (for the direct object of the stem)
- werpen 'throw' → verwerpen 'reject'
- oordelen 'judge' → veroordelen 'condemn'
- to move or change in the manner specified by the stem
- Inseparable verbal prefix for-
- Inseparable verbal prefix that denotes a transition of the object into a state, which is indicated by the stem.
- Inseparable verbal prefix indicating a negative action of the stem.
Elsewhere on the web