Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To live fully is to let go and die with each passing moment, and to be reborn in each new one.Jack Kornfield
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK) IPA: /ˈvɛɹɪ/, SAMPA: /"vEr\ɪ/
- (US) IPA: /ˈvɛɹi/, SAMPA: /"vEr\i/
- help, file
- Hyphenation: ver‧y
- Rhymes: -ɛri
- Exactly the same; identical.
- He proposed marriage in the same restaurant, at the very table where they first met.
exactly the same; identical
- to a great extent or degree
- You’re very tall.
- true, truly
- He tried his very best.
- It was a very unique experience. (nonstandard)
- extremely; exceedingly.
to a high degree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked