Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The only reason they come to see me is that I know that life is great—and they know I know it.Clark Gable
- (uncountable) A charge taken on bets, as by a bookie or gambling establishment.
- (uncountable) The interest on a loan of money, especially for loans made by a usurer or loan shark.
- (countable) An amount owed on account of or payment of a bookie's charge or of interest.
- (charge on bets): overround, rake, house take, house cut, house advantage, vig
- (loan interest): vig, rake off, cut
Elsewhere on the web