Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Give me a fruitful error anytime, full of seeds, bursting with its own corrections.Vilfredo Pareto
Third person singular
- (transitive) To say defamatory things about someone or something.
- (transitive) To belittle through speech; to put down.
- (say defamatory things about): assail, criticize, decry, denounce, libel, slander
- (belittle, put down): berate
say defamatory things about
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web