Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's discouraging to make a mistake, but it's humiliating when you find out you're so unimportant that nobody noticed it.Chuck Daly
- enPR: vīʹnəl, IPA: /ˈvaɪ.nəl/, SAMPA: /"vaI.n@l/ or enPR: vīʹnĭl, IPA: /ˈvaɪ.nɪl/, SAMPA: /"vaI.nIl/
- Rhymes: -aɪnəl
- Rhymes: -aɪnɪl
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The univalent radical CH2=CH−, derived from ethylene
- (countable) Any of various compounds and substances containing the vinyl radical, especially various tough, flexible, shiny plastics
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Phonograph records as a medium
- Many DJs prefer vinyl to CDs.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Terms derived from vinyl
Adjectivevinyl (not comparable)
- (chemistry) containing the vinyl radical
- Made of polyvinyl chloride.
- (containing the vinyl radical): vinylic
- See the Noun section above
Elsewhere on the web