Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Enjoy your happiness while you have it, and while, you have it do not too closely scrutinize its foundation.Joseph Farrall
- (music) A stringed instrument of the violin family, somewhat larger than a violin, played under the chin, and having a deeper tone
- (music) An organ stop having a similar tone
- (music) A 10-string steel-string acoustic guitar, used in Brazilian folk music.
- (botany) Any of several flowering plants, of the genus Viola, including the violets and pansies.
music: stringed instrument of the violin family
botany: any of several flowering plants
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Viola (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Viola (disambiguation)
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to “Viola (music)”. Wikimedia Commons: Viola (music)
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to “Viola (Violaceae)”. Wikimedia Commons: Viola (Violaceae)
viola f. (plural viole)
- IPA: /vjo'la/
Elsewhere on the web