Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The greatest blunders, like the thickest ropes, are often compounded of a multitude of strands. Take the rope apart, separate it into the small threads that compose it, and you can break them one by one. You think, "That is all there was!" But twist them all together and you have something tremendous.Victor Hugo
- Extreme force.
- The violence of the storm, fortunately, was more awesome than destructive.
- Action intended to cause destruction, pain, or suffering.
- We try to avoid violence in resolving conflicts.
- Widespread fighting.
- Violence between the government and the rebels continues.
- (figuratively) Injustice, wrong.
- The translation does violence to the original novel.
- (extreme force): force
action intended to cause destruction, pain or suffering
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web