Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.Curtis Judalet
- A unit of three dimensional measure of space that comprises a length, a width and a height. It is measured in units of cubic centimeters in metric, cubic inches or cubic feet in English measurement. (The room is 9x12x8, so its volume is 864 cubic feet.)
- Strength of sound. Measured in decibels. (Please turn down the volume on the stereo.)
- The issues of a periodical over a period of one year. (I looked at this week's copy of the magazine. It was volume 23, issue 45.)
- A single book of a publication issued in multi-book format, such as an encyclopedia. (The letter "G" was found in volume 4.)
- A synonym for quantity. (The volume of ticket sales decreased this week.)
- (economics) The total supply of money in circulation or, less frequently, total amount of credit extended, within a specified national market or worldwide.
- cubic distance
- Customary: ounces, pints, quarts, gallons, cubic inches (in3), cubic feet, cubic yards, cubic miles
- Metric: mililiters, liters, cubic meters (m3), cubic centimeters ("cc") (cm3)
unit of three dimensional measure that consists of a length, a width and a height
strength of sound
issues of a periodical over a period of one year
single book of a publication issued in multi-book format, such as an encyclopedia
synonym for quantity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
volume m. (plural volumes)
volume m. (plural volumi)
Elsewhere on the web