Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.Leo Buscaglia
- Rhymes: -aʊ
- A solemn promise to perform some act, or behave in a specified manner, especially a promise to live and act in accordance with the rules of a religious order.
- A declaration or assertion.
A solemn promise to perform some act, or behave in a specified manner
A declaration or assertion
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To make a vow.
- To declare publicly that one made a vow, usually to show one's determination or to announce an act of retaliation.
- The rebels vowed to continue their fight until they succeed.
To make a vow
To declare publicly that one made a vow
Elsewhere on the web