Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The journey to happiness involves finding the courage to go down into ourselves and take responsibility for what's there: all of it.Richard Rohr
See also Appendix:Variations of "w"
w (lower case, upper case W)
- A symbol of the IPA, representing a voiced labial-velar approximant.
- The first letter of callsigns allocated to American broadcast television and radio stations east of the Mississippi river.
- The nickname of George W. Bush, the 43rd President of the United States.
- Uppercase: W
- With circumflex: ŵ
- Turned: ʍ
- With grave: ẁ
- With acute: ẃ
- With diaeresis: ẅ
- With dot above: ẇ
- With dot below: ẉ
w (lowercase, uppercase W)
- IPA: [du.blə.ve]
- In Italian graffiti, viva is often abbreviated as W, a letter otherwise foreign to Italian.
- IPA: /v/, /f/
w (with locative)[[Category:Template:lang:pl prepositions|w]]
- Some combinations of sounds, mostly consonant clusters at the beginning of the following noun, require that this preposition is used in longer form we. Examples:
- we włosach (in the hair)
- we Wrocławiu (in Wroclaw)
- w Warszawie (in Warsaw)
Elsewhere on the web
Onelook IATE IATE IATE IATE ProZ Dict.cc Wordnik IATE Linguee IATE