Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he would make a fortune.Griff Niblack
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cease giving milk to an offspring.
- The cow has weaned her calf.
- (intransitive) To cease to depend on the mother for nourishment.
- The kittens are finally weaning.
- (intransitive) To cease to depend.
- She is weaning from her addiction to tobacco.
to cease to depend on the mother for nourishment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- IPA: /wæ:ɑn/
- Plural form of wēa.
- IPA: /wen/
Elsewhere on the web