Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex mindsRemy De Gourmont
to web (third-person singular simple present web, present participle b, simple past and past participle ed)
- The silken structure a spider builds using silk secreted from the spinnerets at the caudal tip of its abdomen; a spiderweb.
- The sunlight glistened in the dew on the web.
- Any interconnected set of persons, places, or things, which when diagrammed resembles a spider's web.
- Specifically, the World Wide Web (also spelled Web).
- Let me search the web for that.
- (baseball) The part of a baseball mitt between the forefinger and thumb, the webbing.
- He caught the ball in the web.
- A latticed or woven structure.
- The gazebo's roof was a web made of thin strips of wood.
- The interconnection between flanges in structural members, increasing the effective lever arm and so the load capacity of the member.
- (rail transport) The thinner vertical section of a railway rail between the top (head) and bottom (foot) of the rail.
- A fold of tissue connecting the toes of certain birds.
- A duck paddles with its webbed feet.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A continuous strip of material carried by rollers during processing.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A long sheet of paper which is fed from a roll into a printing press, as opposed to individual sheets of paper.
the part of a baseball mitt between the forefinger and thumb, the webbing
a latticed or woven structure
interconnection between flanges
the thinner vertical section of a railway rail between the top and bottom of the rail
a fold of tissue connecting the toes of certain birds
a continuous strip of material carried by rollers during processing
a long sheet of paper
Translations to be checkedUnspecified
Third person singular
- (intransitive) to construct or form a web
- (transitive) to cover with a web or network
- (transitive) to ensnare or entangle
- (transitive) to provide with a web
Elsewhere on the web