Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind.Daphne Du Maurier
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- help, file
- Second-person singular simple past tense indicative of be.
- John, you were the only person to see him.
- First-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- We were about to leave.
- Second-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- Mary and John, you were right.
- Third-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- They were a fine group.
- Simple past tense subjunctive in all persons of be.
- (second-person singular past indicative, archaic) wast (used with "thou")
- (second-person singular past subjunctive, archaic) wert (used with "thou")
Elsewhere on the web