Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, another is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.Henry C. Link
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK) enPR: hwâr, IPA: /ʍɛə(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /WE@(\r)/
- (US) enPR: wâr, hwâr, IPA: /wɛɹ/, /ʍɛɹ/, SAMPA: /wEr\/, /WEr\/
- help, file
- While on the contrary; although; whereas.
- Where Susy has trouble coloring inside the lines, Johnny has already mastered shading.
the place in/at which; the place from which
the place to which
the situation in which
Adverbwhere (not comparable)
- (used interrogatively, in either a direct or indirect question) At what place; to what place; what place.
- Where are you?
- Where are you going?
- Where did you come from?
- In what situation.
- Where would we be without our parents?
at what place; to what place; from what place
in what situation
- The place in which.
- He lives within five miles of where he was born.
the place in which
- The place in which something happens.
- A good article will cover the who, the what, the when, the where, the why and the how.
the place in which something happens
Terms derived from where
Elsewhere on the web