Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.Franklin D. Roosevelt
See also White
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- enPR: wīt, IPA: /waɪt/, SAMPA: /waIt/ or enPR: hwīt, IPA: /ʍaɪt/, SAMPA: /WaIt/ (in Scottish English and some English accents)
- help, file
- Rhymes: -aɪt
- Homophones: wight (in accents with the wine-whine merger), wite (in accents with the wine-whine merger)
Adjectivewhite (comparative whit, superlative er)
- Bright and colourless; reflecting equal quantities of all frequencies of visible light.
- Of Caucasian race.
- (bright and colourless): black
bright and colourless
- (color) The color/colour of snow or milk; the colour of light containing equal amounts of all visible wavelengths.
- A Caucasian person.
- A European person.
- (slang) Street name for cocaine.
- The albumen of bird eggs (egg white).
- (anatomy) The sclera, white of the eye.
- A common name for the Pieris genus of butterflies.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The cue ball in cue games.
terms derived from "white"
- Sauvignon blanc
- terra alba
- Race on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Race
Elsewhere on the web