Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Success is getting and achieving what you want. Happiness is wanting and being content with what you get.Bernard Meltzer
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK) enPR: hwī, IPA: /ʍaɪ/, SAMPA: /WaI/
- (US) enPR: wī, IPA: /waɪ/, SAMPA: /waI/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -aɪ
Adverbwhy (not comparable)
for what reason
- The reason that.
- I don’t know why he did that.
the reason that
- The reason.
- A good article will cover the who, the what, the when, the where, the why and the how.
- Exclamation of surprise.
- Why, I think it would work fine!
exclamation of surprise
Elsewhere on the web