Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Next to temperance, a quiet conscience, a cheerful mind and active habits, I place early rising as a means of health and happiness.Source Unknown
- A small door or gate, especially one associated with a larger one
- A small window or other opening, sometimes fitted with a grating
- (cricket) One of the two wooden structures at each end of the pitch, consisting of three vertical stumps and two bails; the target for the bowler, defended by the batsman
- (cricket) A dismissal; the act of a batsman getting out
- (cricket) The period during which two batsmen bat together
- (cricket) The pitch
- (cricket) The area around the stumps where the batsmen stand
- (Croquet) Any of the small arches through which the balls are driven
- (snowboarding): A temporary metal attachment that one attaches one's lift-ticket to.
Elsewhere on the web