Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A machine which translates linear motion of wind to rotational motion by means of adjustable vanes called sails.
- The structure containing such machinery.
- A child's toy consisting of vanes mounted on a stick that rotate when blown by a person or by the wind.
- (basketball) A dunk where the dunker swings his arm in a circular motion before throwing the ball through the hoop.
- A guitar move where the strumming hand mimics a turning windmill.
Third person singular
- To rotate with a sweeping motion.
- She ran down the hill, windmilling her arms with glee.
- Of a rotating part of a machine, to become disengaged and rotate freely.
- The axle broke and the wheel windmilled in place briefly before careening through the wall.
Elsewhere on the web