Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.Erich Fromm
to wipe (third-person singular simple present wip, present participle ing, simple past and past participle -)
- Rhymes: -aɪp
Third person singular
- (transitive) To move an object over, maintaining contact, with the intention of removing some substance from the surface. (cf. rub)
- I wiped my glasses with my shirt.
- I wiped the sweat from my brow with the back of my hand.
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To erase.
- I accidentally wiped my hard drive.
removing surface substance
erasing a computer disk
- A soft piece of cloth or cloth-like material used for wiping.
Elsewhere on the web