Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is at its best when it's shaken and stirred.F. Paul Facult
See also Wisdom
- (uncountable) An element of personal character that enables one to distinguish the wise from the unwise.
- (countable) A piece of wise advice.
- The discretionary use of knowledge for the greatest good.
- The ability to apply relevant knowledge in an insightful way, especially to different situations from that in which the knowledge was gained.
- The ability to make a decision based on the combination of knowledge, experience, and intuitive understanding.
- (theology) The ability to know and apply spiritual truths.
element of personal character
piece of wise advice
discretionary use of knowledge for the greatest good
ability to apply relevant knowledge in an insightful way
ability to make a decision based on the combination of knowledge, experience, and intuitive understanding
ability to know and apply spiritual truths
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- IPA: /ˈwiːsdoːm/
Elsewhere on the web