Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.Thomas L. Holdcroft
Third person singular
- (transitive) To keep (a physical object that one has obtained) to oneself rather than giving it back to its owner.
- (transitive) To keep (information, etc) to oneself rather than revealing it.
- (transitive) To retain; to keep back; not to grant; as, to withhold assent to a proposition.
- (keep (a physical object) to oneself): retain
to keep an object
to keep information
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web