Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life.Burton Hills
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- Present participle of work.
- Leave him alone, he's working.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The action of the verb to work.
- That is or are functioning.
- a working ventilator
- That suffices but requires additional work.
- a working copy of the script
- In paid employment.
- working mothers
- Of or relating to employment.
- the working week
- Enough to allow one to use something.
- a working knowledge of computers
- (functioning): functioning, up (mainly used of computers)
- (that suffices but requires further work): draft, provisional, temporary
- (in paid employment): employed, in employment
- (of or relating to employment): work
- (enough to allow one to use something): basic
That suffices but requires additional work
Of or relating to employment
Enough to allow one to use something
Elsewhere on the web