Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Ideas lose themselves as quickly as quail, and one must wing them the minute they rise out of the grass, or they are gone.Thomas F. Kennedy
- (accounting) To reduce an asset's book value to zero
- (accounting) To record an expenditure as an expense.
- (accounting) To record an notional expense such as amortization or depreciation.
- Figuratively, to assign a low value to something.
- When Katya was injured, he wrote off the team's chances in the finals.
to reduce an asset's book value to zero
to record an expenditure as an expense
to record a notional expense
to assign a low value to something
Elsewhere on the web