Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If I shall sell both my forenoons and afternoons to society, as most appear to do, I'm sure that, for me, there would be nothing left worth living for.Henry David Thoreau
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- Present participle of write.
- (uncountable) Written letters or symbols that express some meaning.
- (uncountable) Something written, such as a document, article or book.
- (uncountable) The process of representing a language with symbols or letters.
- (countable) A work of an author.
- (countable) The style of writing of a person.
- I can't read your writing.
- (as a modifier) Intended for or used in writing.
- a writing table
- (written letters or symbols that express some meaning): text
- (something written): document, text
- (process of representing a language with symbols or letters):
- (work of an author): work
- (the style of writing of a person): hand, handwriting
- (intended for or used in writing):
Terms derived from writing
written letters or symbols that express some meaning
the process of representing a language
a work of an author
made for or used in writing
Elsewhere on the web