Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.William Lyon Phelps
(Redirected from yBP)
- Abbreviation for years before present.
- 2004 During glacial times, a stretch of level plain joined Australia with New Guinea and enabled humans to walk into Australia. That plain flooded to form the Gulf of Carpentaria, between ca 12,000 and 10,000 ybp. — Wikipedia article on Deluge (mythology)
- Usage note: This is a year designation alternative to the widely-used but Christian-oriented BC and AD and their secular equivalents BCE and CE. Used in historical sciences (e.g., archaeology, geology, paleontology), especially when the exact number of years is unknown (i.e., precision and current year are not significant)
- myBP: million years before present
- C14YBP: Carbon-14 years before present (radiological dating)
Elsewhere on the web