Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Third person singular
- To give way; to allow another to pass first.
- Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
- To give as required; to surrender, relinquish or capitulate.
- They refuse to yield to the enemy.
- To produce as return, as from an investment.
- Historically, that security yields a high return.
- (law) The current return as a percentage of the price of a stock or bond.
- (mathematics) To produce as a result.
- Completing the mathematics correctly yields a result of five.
- submit - To fully surrender
- capitulate - To end all resistance, may imply a compensation with an enemy or to end all resistance because of loss of hope
- succumb - To fully surrender, because of helplessness and extreme weakness, to the leader of an opposing force
- relent - A yielding because of pity or mercy
- defer - A voluntary submitting out of respect, reverence or affection
- A product; the quantity of something produced
- Zucchini plants always seem to produce a high yield of fruit.
Elsewhere on the web