Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Rhymes: -əʊ
- (slang) A greeting similar to hi.
- Yo Paulie! How's it going?
- (slang) An interjection similar to hey.
- Yo, check this out!
- (military slang) Present!
- Sergeant: Smith? Private Smith: Yo!
- The second person singular pronoun; you.
- An incorrect transliteration of yō.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Vulgar Latin eo < Latin ego; akin to Greek εγώ, Sanskrit aham
- First person singular pronoun in the nominative case. I.
- In psychoanalysis, Freud's concept of the ego.
Elsewhere on the web