Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.Douglas Macarthur
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) The quality or state of being young.
- (uncountable) The part of life following childhood; the period of existence preceding maturity or age; the whole early part of life, from childhood, or, sometimes, from infancy, to manhood.
- (countable) A young person
- (uncountable) (used in plural form) Young persons, collectively.
- (quality or state of being young): juvenility, youthfulness
- (young person): adolescent, kid, teen, teenager, youngster
- (young man): boy, young man
- (young persons, collectively): adolescents, kids, teenagers, teens, young people, youngsters
quality or state of being young
part of life following childhood
young persons, collectively
Elsewhere on the web