Visit the forum if you have a language query!
zhe (Pinyin zhè, traditional 這, simplified 这)
- (Beginning Mandarin) this
- zhe shi yi zhi bi. "This is a pen."
- zhe fen baozhi you hen duo guanggao. "This newspaper has a lot of advertisement."
- zhe fen dinghuodan xuyao dedao pizhun. "I need to get an approval on this purchase order."
- zhe jian canting de shiwu haochi, danshi hen gui. — The food of this restaurant is delicious, but it is very expensive.
- (zhè jiān cāntīng de shíwù hǎochī, dànshì hěn guì. — 这间餐厅的食物好吃，但是很贵.)
- zhe jian yiyuan li you hen duo bingren. "There are many patients in this hospital."
- A transliteration of any of a number of Chinese characters properly represented as having one of four tones, zhē, zhé, zhě, or zhè.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
Elsewhere on the web